The 2 days a week microdosing protocol is a microdosing schedule that suggests microdosing on any two specific days of the week. It is developed for people looking for control over their microdosing schedule and want to align it with their working schedule.
This article discusses microdosing practice, especially two days a week microdosing protocol, in detail and compares it with other microdosing protocols, like every other day microdosing protocol. You will learn if 2 days a 2-day-a-week microdosing psilocybin suits you and other microdosing experiment you can try.
What is Microdosing Protocol?
Microdosing protocol is a structured plan that people follow while microdosing psychedelic substances like LSD or psilocybin. Microdosing is the practice of taking low doses of psychedelic drugs like LSD or psilocybin. The amount of drug is too low to induce a high but large enough to improve their mood and emotional well-being.
A microdosing protocol contains a schedule for consuming microdoses, the psychedelic drugs to use, and the dosage value of those drugs. The schedule includes 2 types of days: microdosing day and transition day.
On microdosing days, you take a microdose, and on transition days, you take a break and observe the residual effect of microdosing. This combination of microdosing and transition days over a period of 4-8 weeks makes one microdosing cycle. After one cycle, there is a reset period where you don’t consume any microdoses of the drug, usually for 2-4 weeks.
There are around 8 main microdosing protocols, including two days a week protocol, the Fadiman Protocol, the Paul Stamets Stack, Every Other Day Microdosing Protocol, etc.
What is the 2 Days a Week Microdosing Protocol?
Two days a week microdosing protocol is a microdosing protocol that prescribes consuming microdoses of psychedelic drugs on any two specific days of the week. There must be at least a gap of one day between two consecutive microdosing days.
This psilocybin microdosing protocol is perfect for people looking for control over their microdosing schedule and want to align it with their job schedule. It is also a great choice if it is your first microdosing experiment with medicinal mushrooms or other microdosing products.
The main ingredient recommended by the 2-day-a-week protocol is psilocybin (a chemical found in magic mushrooms). You can try this protocol with other psychedelic drugs that are used for microdosing. According to mushies.co.uk, some of the psychedelic drugs used for microdosing include THC, LSD, DMT, Mescaline, etc.
The specific dosage for psilocybin microdose is 100-200 mg. For other drugs, the specific dosage for microdosing is given below:
- LSD: 10-20 micrograms
- THC: 0.1-3 mg
- DMT: 0.5-1.0 mg
- Mescaline: 1g dried peyote
There is no strict schedule suggested by this microdosing protocol. You can choose any 2 specific days in a week for microdosing and take 1 day of break in between them. For instance, an example schedule is given below:
- Monday – Thursday: No microdosing. Transition day.
- Friday: Take a microdose.
- Saturday: No microdosing. Transition day.
- Sunday: Take another microdose.
Repeat this schedule for 4-8 weeks and take a 2-4 weeks reset period.
How Does the 2 Days a Week Microdosing Protocol Work?
The 2 days a week microdosing protocol works by suggesting the consumption of microdoses on any two specific days of the week. This protocol gives you the flexibility of choosing two microdosing days in a week. You must have at least one non-microdosing day between 2 microdosing days.
How Often Should I Microdose on the 2 Days a Week Protocol?
You should microdose twice a week, according to the 2 days a week protocol.
What Are the Benefits of the 2 Days a Week Microdosing Protocol?
The main benefits of the 2-day-a-week protocol include flexibility and control over the microdosing schedule, consistent schedule, ease of remembering microdosing days, etc.
What Are the Risks of the 2 Days a Week Microdosing Protocol?
The main risk of the 2-day-a-week protocol is the development of tolerance to the psychedelic drug if the protocol is not followed properly.
Learn about the benefits and risks of Microdosing Magic Mushrooms here: Benefits and Risks of Microdosing Magic Mushrooms
How is the 2 Days a Week Microdosing Protocol Different From Other Microdosing Protocols?
The 2 days a week microdosing protocol is different from other microdosing protocols in the following ways:
- Offers flexibility in choosing microdosing days.
- Requires 2 microdosing days and 5 transition or off days.
- No strict microdosing schedule.
2 Days a Week Microdosing Protocol Vs Every Other Day Microdosing Protocol
The comparison between 2 days a week microdosing protocol and every other day microdosing protocol is given in the below table:
|Feature||Every Other Day Protocol||Two Days A Week Protocol|
|Description||Microdosing every other day.||Microdosing on two specific days each week.|
|Dosing Days||Every other day (e.g., Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun, etc.)||2 microdosing days of your choice|
|Off Days||Alternating days are transition or off days.||At least five off days per week.|
|Suitable for||specific mental health conditions.||those who want to align microdosing with their work schedule|
Is Two Days a Week Microdosing Protocol Right for Me?
2 days a week microdosing protocol is right for you if your requirements are the following:
- You want flexibility in choosing microdosing days.
- You want to align the microdosing schedule with the job schedule.
- A consistent schedule.
What Are Other Microdosing Protocols I Can Try?
There are 7 microdosing protocols other than the 2 days a week microdosing protocol. The 7 other microdosing protocols are as follows:
- Fadiman Protocol: It was created by Dr James Fadiman, a famous psychologist. He suggests microdosing once every three days, i.e., two days of break after each microdosing day. Fadiman Protocol is best suited for beginners who are microdosing psychedelics for the first time.
- Stamets Protocol: It was developed by mycologist Paul Stamets. The Stamets protocol suggests stacking psilocybin with Lion’s Mane and Niacin. It recommends microdosing for four consecutive days and then taking a three-day break. It is best suited for experienced and intermediate microdosers.
- Microdosing Institute Protocol: It was created by the Microdosing Institute. Microdosing Institute Protocol suggests consuming microdoses of psilocybin every other day. The schedule includes one microdosing day followed by one non-microdosing day. It is best suited for people with mental health concerns.
- Nightcap Microdosing Protocol: It is a microdosing protocol that takes benefit of your sleep. This protocol suggests microdosing every other night and taking a microdose at least 1 hour before bedtime. It is perfect for improving sleep quality.
- Intuitive Microdosing Protocol: It is the advanced microdosing protocol. This protocol suggests using your intuition to decide when to microdose and how much to microdose. It is best suited for advanced microdosers who want complete control over the microdosing schedule.
- The Asha Sultana Protocol: It was created by the Microdose-pro.com‘s owner. This protocol protocol involves taking a few saffron strands with a psilocybin microdose. It is perfect for mood upliftment and emotional well-being.
- The 2:1 Protocol: This microdosing protocol suggests microdosing for two days and taking one day of break. It is beneficial for people with PTSD if supported with a healthy lifestyle.
What Should I Avoid While Microdosing?
You should avoid overdosing, driving vehicles (in the beginning phase of microdosing), and mixing psilocybin with alcohol or other drugs while microdosing.
Is Microdosing Magic Mushrooms Legal?
Yes, microdosing magic mushrooms is legal in Canada.
Is There a Clinical Trial on the Benefits of the Microdosing Protocol?
Yes, there are clinical trials on microdosing protocols for psilocybin. One such clinical trial study is shared on https://clinicaltrials.gov/study/NCT05160220.
Where Can I Get More Information About Microdosing?
You can get more information about microdosing in our article, “The Ultimate Guide to Microdosing Protocols.”
The 2 days a week microdosing protocol is suitable for individuals looking to align their job and microdosing schedule. This microdosing protocol gives you the freedom to choose any two microdosing days in a week. There must be a day gap between 2 microdosing days. In this protocol, there are 2 microdosing days and 5 transition or non-microdosing days in a week.
- Anais, A. (2023, May 8). Everything You Need To Know About Choosing A Microdosing Protocol. Microdose Guru. https://www.microdoseguru.com/post/everything-you-need-to-know-about-choosing-a-microdosing-protocol
- Woodhouse, J. (2022, July 13). 5 Of The Best Drugs To Microdose. MushiesUK. https://mushies.co.uk/blogs/news/5-of-the-best-drugs-to-microdose
- Community, M. (2023, September 15). Microdosing Protocols — Fadiman, Stamets, and more. Microdosing Institute. https://microdosinginstitute.com/how-to/microdosing-protocols/